Sportsmanship Code of The Babe Ruth League
Develop a strong, clean, healthy body, mind and soul. Develop a strong urge for sportsman-like conduct. Develop understanding of and respect for the RULES. Develop courage in defeat, tolerance and modesty in victory. Develop control over emotions and speech. Develop spirit of cooperation and team play. Develop into real, true CITIZENS...
2017 Darien Babe Ruth Fall Baseball
2017 Darien Babe Ruth League 14/15/16 Year Old Fall Baseball Program:
The fall program is takes place between early September and late October 2017, with playoffs potentially running an additional weekend (weather permitting).
Rising 12s and 13 Year Old Program
This program is for players born between May 1, 2003 and April 30, 2005.
The fall program is an takes place between early September and late October 2017, with playoffs potentially running an additional weekend (weather permitting).
This program is for rising 12s new to the 90 foot diamond and 13s from the Spring season. The Babe Ruth Fall Program is designed with a strong emphasis on skill development and teaching the fundamentals of hitting, fielding, pitching, and base running. The Program will consist of instructional clinics and games in a fall baseball league against teams from Stamford, Norwalk, Darien and Greenwich. There will be one clinic during the week and generally two games per weekend (one on Saturday and one on Sunday). The cost of the league per participant is $200 plus a $25 Board of Education field use fee.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
2017 Darien Babe Ruth Sponsors
2017 Darien Babe Ruth Spring Baseball
The Babe Ruth League is open to players who are 13 to 18 years old. If your son is planning to try out for the DHS baseball team, you should still register now for the season that will begin after the high school season is finished. Registration is open for the following divisions:
Travel Programs: Compete in the Fairfield Jr. Babe Ruth League against other towns including Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk and Stamford.
- 13 year-old Prep League: Introduces graduating Little League players to baseball played on a regulation-size baseball diamond. Clinics begin and team practices begin in late March. The first league game will take place mid-to-late April. The season concludes at the end of the school year, followed by a League tournament.
- 14-16 year-old League: Team practices begin in late March. The first league games for non-DHS baseball team members will take place mid to late April to the end of the DHS baseball season, approx 3rd week in May. ("Dogwood" season) The 14/15 year-old League′s 2nd season will start at the end of the DHS season, and conclude at the end of the school year followed by a League tournament. ("Majors" season). 2017 season will include clinics.
Click Here to Register Online
- Senior Babe Ruth Baseball - Ages 16-18: (If enough interest a team will be formed)
This division is for 16 to 18 year-olds. Players in JV high school play end their season in early May so this is the perfect program for those players who are 16 or older. They will play in the local Senior Babe Ruth league competing against teams from New Canaan, Greenwich and Stamford. There are usually 10 to 14 games during the season. Depending on the caliber of play and level of interest, it will be determined whether Darien will participate with New Canaan and/or Stamford to create an All-Star 16-18 team to compete in the district, state and regional tournaments. The schedule for the Senior Babe team runs from early June to early July and includes games on weekday evenings and on Saturdays. A league championship tournament is held at the end of the season for an additional 2 to 4 games. If you are interested in playing please contact Darien Babe Ruth. If you are interested please contact Robert Maley
Spring Xtreme Programs: Compete in the Connecticut Babe Ruth Xtreme Travel League against other towns in Fairfield County and other parts of Connecticut. Tryouts for the team(s) will be held in mid-March @ Darien High School.
- Darien Blue Hawks – This is a highly competitive team coached by Darien H.S. coaches. The spring travel team is open to Middle School students ages 13 and 14. Players must register for Babe Ruth Spring Program to be eligible for Blue Hawks travel team. The Blue Hawks tryout is in March.
- Babe Ruth Travel – Additional travel teams will be added in the Spring or Summer Season if the interest warrants it. Currently we are expecting to have a 15U Xtreme Blue Summer team.
- Darien Xtreme Blue Returns this June for Summer Basebasell. Please pre-register with
for notifications and consideration.We need as many pitchers and catchers as possible! One team will be formed ages 13 to 16. http://www.facebook.com/DarienXtremeBlue/
Volunteering: Please consider volunteering to help in one of the following roles: Manager, Coach, DBR Board or Committee Member by checking the respective box on the registration form or contact Robert Maley at
2017 Winter Workouts
2017 Darien Advanced Winter Workouts (High School/Babe Ruth aged players) Tuesday Winter Workouts
I.S.T. Sports Headquarters’ workouts will follow a professional format developing all aspects of each player’s skills. Players will be brought through various drills to improve their baseball skills in preparation for the 2017 Spring Season.
Tuesdays: 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, (no clinic 2/21), 2/28, 3/7, 3/14
(tryouts begin that next Saturday 3/19
Time: 8PM to 9:30PM
CLICK TO REGISTER
2017 Darien Advanced Winter Workouts (High School/Babe Ruth aged players) Sunday Winter Workouts
I.S.T. Sports Headquarters’
workouts will follow a professional format developing all aspects of each player’s skills. Players will be brought through various drills to improve their baseball skills in preparation for the 2017 Spring Season.
Sundays: 1/8, 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, (no clinic 2/19), 2/26(End of Vacation Sunday is on), 3/5, 3/12
Time: 3PM to 4:30PM
CLICK TO REGISTER