Registration for Spring 2018 Little League Baseball is now open.
To be eligible to play Darien Little League Baseball, players must be Darien residents, must be in Kindergarten to 7th grade during the 2017/2018 school year, and may not be older than 12 years old on May 1, 2018.
Regular registration for all baseball players begins today, November 16, 2017.
- For 2nd through 7th Graders, regular registration will remain open until December 31, 2017, after which a late fee will apply.
- For Kindergartners and 1st Graders, regular registration will remain open until January 31, 2018, after which a late fee will apply.
Baseball registration is divided into two categories: Returning Players and New Players.
A Returning Player is a child who has previously played in Darien in the Spring season.
(Note - a player who played last Spring, but who is repeating Kindergarten this year will also repeat T-Ball and should register again as a New Player.)
To register a Returning Player, please visit www.dybs.org
and click on the orange Register Online button on the right hand side, then select 2018 Spring Little League BASEBALL - RETURNING PLAYERS.
Or please click below to link directly to the Returning Player registration:
A New Player is a child who has NOT previously played in Darien in the Spring season. If the child has only played in the Fall or Summer season he or she is considered a New Player.
To register a New Player, please visit www.dybs.org
and click on the orange Register Online button on the right hand side, then select 2018 Spring Little League BASEBALL - NEW PLAYERS. A player who played last year, but who is repeating Kindergarten this year will also repeat T-Ball and should register again as a New Player.
Please click below to link directly to New Player registration:
Darien Little League relies on hundreds of volunteers. Please consider volunteering to help in one of the following roles by checking the respective box on the registration form:
- Managers - have overall responsibility to lead the team at practices and games
- Coaches - assist the Manager at practices and games
- Team Parent - provides support to the team, as needed
- Committee Members - assist the DLL Board Operating Committees with things such as tryouts, evaluations, and special events
- Uniforms - organizes the year-end collection of uniforms for donation to Pitch In for Baseball
It is the policy of Darien Little League that all children have the opportunity to play regardless of ability to pay. To request a DLL scholarship, please email Mike Yusko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship requests and grants are handled discreetly and confidentially.
Alternatively, if you are able to make a donation to Darien Little League to help fund our scholarships and other programs, you may do so during registration.